And now, for the grand finale; the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. **Disclaimer**I love all tech that does its job right. Who more than to fit that description than Apple? They might be overpriced and overrated but their build quality is superb and their ecosystem is one of the best. Now, with the introduction of Apple’s 9th and 10th iPhone, they decided to significantly increase the screen size with the iPhone 6 being 4.7 inches and the iPhone 6 Plus at 5.5 inches; entering “Phablet” territory. The full body aluminum design (that very much looks like the HTC One M8) is thinner overall. *Keep reading for important dates!* Here are their differences:
iPhone 6 : •Screen—> 1334X750 Retina HD screen.
• Software image stabilization.
• non-rotational home screen.
iPhone 6 Plus:
•Screen (1920X1080) Retina HD screen
•Optical Image Stabilization (in the actual camera so that low light pictures come out with more light and they won’t come out so shaky). Thickness: (iPhone 6, 6.9 mm) (iPhone 6 Plus (7.1 mm) )
And those are pretty much the differences between them.
They both have…
• The new A8 and M8 processor.
• 8MP iSight camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p recording up to 60fps and with up to 240 frames per second slow-motion recording. •Faster AC WiFi and faster LTE • New mobile payment options with iOS 8 through “Apple Pay”using NFC and Touch ID. Learn more about the features and oh yeah, their very own Smartwatch called Apple Watch at Apple.com
Download iOS 8 September 17.
Pre-Orders start September 12.
Shipping starts on September 19th.
**Pricing is on the website**
Now let’s not forget the Motorola event that took place sometime between September 4th and 5th in Chicago. The hyped new Moto X, Moto G and Moto 360 were finally unveiled. The new Moto X has a 5.2-inch OLED display with Gorilla Glass 3 and 1080p resolution (and 423 ppi because 720p isn’t enough). It will be upgradeable to the latest Android software. 16 and 32GB. The camera has necessarily improved to 13MP. The camera is also capable of recording 4K and slow motion video. Adding to the newness of the device comes front-facing speakers (HTC does it better, however). And new materials from Moto Maker (including new woods and quality leather). #Motorola, you have done a great job!
- I absolutely love the design of the Moto 360. The first round smartwatch alongside the LG G Watch R is stunning and super stylish. The super smooth and scratch resistant Gorilla Glass 3 display is packed with 205ppi at a resolution of 320x290. It’s fairly average at 1.56 inches; my wrists need to beef up! The battery department houses a 320mAh battery and it charges wirelessly. Memory includes 4GB of internal storage + 512MB of RAM. The list continues with Bluetooth 4.0 LE, Pedometer, Optical heart rate monitor, Dual mics, Water resistance, Vibration motor and it comes in light and dark stainless steel models with interchangeable wrist straps. All of this sweetness is seamlessly operated by Android Wear™. Whoop! I love the way Android is heading. It is available today for $249.99
Next, I want to introduce the Sony Xperia Z3 (one of my favs so far). It has a 5.2-inch 1080p TRILUMINOS display. A 3100 mAh battery (with boasted improvements), a 2.5GHz Quad-Core processor, Android KitKat 4.4, a whopping 20.7MP camera and a high ISO of up to12800 (clear and crisp pictures at night). Expandable storage up to 128GB and best of all, it’s fully waterproof and dust proof! The differences from the Z2 aren’t that major but it is definitely a phone to upgrade to. The build quality is amazing and it’s thinner and lighter. The Z3 along with the Xperia Z3 compact, and Z3 tablet compact is expected to be available around October. :). Love you #Sony .
Note 4: The last few weeks have been astounding in the world of technology in which I absolutely adore. To start things off, I want to begin with the Galaxy Note 4 and the Note Edge. At Berlin’s annual IFA event, Samsung finally took the wraps off its new and improved “Phablet”. It sports the same 5.7-inch screen as the Note 3 except that the screen has doubled in resolution and now it is a gorgeous 2K (Quad HD) Super AMOLED resolution display with around ~500ppi. The 3,220mAh battery should keep it running a while. On top of that, it is a powerhouse with 3GB of RAM, and a 2.7GHz quad-core 805 Snapdragon processor. Improved S Pen features, expandable storage up to 128GB. The camera also improved from 13mp to 16mp with OIS. And it lastly , it has the same sensors as the GS5 (Heart rate and fingerprint scanner). Oh and the phone on the right? The Note Edge? Same thing, just has a bit more screen real estate for always-showing notifications. Pretty cool, I guess. #Samsung
Moments later, Samsung made a comeback to LG, announcing its 6th Smartwatch, the Samsung Gear S. This frenzy of smartwatches is getting crazy. But this watch is acceptable. The screen is actually Curved.. It looks good but eh, I’d have to try it out myself. Specs include a 2-inch Super AMOLED display, 3G connectivity (which means you can make phone calls without ever needing a phone… I wonder who would actually find that useful?)..WiFi and Bluetooth, A 1GHz-dual core processor, A pulse rate detector, barometer, compass, UV monitor and GPS. It is running, however, Samsung’s Tizen operating system, not Android wear; that’s going to be an issue in the App eco-system. Availability is in October. Keep an eye out for more info on this and more products coming out at IFA in Europe next week!